How to Write Marketing Emails That Convert
Having a well-written marketing email is the key to boosting your sales. However, a lot of people don’t know how to write marketing emails that will actually convert. Here are a few tips to help you create the perfect message for your audience.
Personalize your subject line
Personalized subject lines are a great way to stand out in your reader’s inbox. It is a proven tactic to increase email engagement, and there are many ways to do it. Here are a few tips to help you create an email with a subject line that will resonate with your audience.
Creating personalized subject lines requires two things: first, you need to know what your audience wants and second, you need to be creative. Thankfully, most email service providers allow you to test subject lines to determine which ones work best.
The subject line can be the most important part of your email campaign. Whether your goal is to boost your sales or engage your subscribers, a good subject line will give your message the right attention.
Including your subscribers’ first name in your subject line can make your email more personal and appealing. You can also use emojis to add personality to your emails. A study showed that personalized subject lines have an average open rate of 33.3%, and a 26% increase in click-through rates.
Another way to make your emails more personalized is to include your subscribers’ first names in the body of your email. You can use a tool like ActiveTrail to add a personal reference to any text within your email.
Test variations on CTAs and subject lines at the same time
Having a test for variations on CTAs and subject lines in marketing email is an excellent way to find the best copy for your target audience. You can test a variety of things, including length, placement, and content summaries. It’s a good idea to do this early on in your email campaign. By consistently testing, you’ll increase the value of your emails.
A call-to-action (CTA) is a link that explains why you want the recipient to click. They can be in the form of a button, text link, or image. They’re a vital part of an email. They can make or break your click-through rate.
Subject lines are the first thing the recipient sees when they open your email. If they’re too long, it’s difficult for them to understand what you’re sending. You should stick to around 60 to 90 characters. They should be simple and concise.
If you’re using an email service provider, you’ll need to test two versions of your subject line to see which one generates the most opens. Most email services will allow you to do this. They’ll send a test to a small subset of your list, and you can use that data to determine which subject line gets the most opens.
A good subject line has to be compelling. The audience needs to know why they should open your email. It should also reference the content you’re sending, so they can find out more.
Design your email for mobile devices
Using white space around clickable elements is a good idea. This will help reduce the chances of clicking the wrong link. Padding can also help push the elements farther apart, making the email easier to navigate.
Text on mobile devices should be large and easy to read. Avoid using fonts smaller than 13 pixels, as this will break the layout of the email.
Using a “tappable” call to action is a good idea, as it increases your response rate. It should be placed in the top 250 pixels of the email. It should also be padded by at least 10 pixels.
You should also consider breaking your emails into smaller sections to focus on your readers’ attention. This will help increase your conversion rates.
When designing your marketing email for mobile devices, be sure to consider your audience’s diverse needs. The best emails will have a clean design. The design should be easy to read, and should use plain colors.
You should also keep the text to image ratio in mind. The image to text ratio is a factor in spam filters. This can be accomplished by styling the images to fit the width of the email.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which are the five most successful email strategies to generate revenue?
Email is a powerful medium for content delivery, but many marketers make errors when using it to sell. Here are the top pitfalls to avoid and how to maximize your emails’ value.
- Be sure to get permission first
- Instill a sense of urgency
- Opt-in strategies are a good option
- Provide great content
- Make sure your subscribers care about your message.
What is a lead magnet funnel, you ask?
A lead magnet funnel consists of an email sequence that converts cold contacts to warm relationships. It will give visitors an incentive to purchase by turning them on immediately.
These pages include landing pages and sales pages. They can also include webinars and ebooks.
The goal of this site is to give people an incentive to buy right away.
It is important to first provide value. You can then offer the product as an incentive later.
What is the most important aspect of email marketing?
Email campaigns should have one goal: to generate leads that can be used for sales. To help potential customers understand your company’s offerings and to show them how they might benefit by working with you, you must ensure that you send emails. It is important to create engaging subject lines that encourage people open and read your messages.
It is not a good idea to send emails that simply say “click here” as it may have minimal impact on recipients. Try instead using words such “exclusive offer”, special promotion, or free sample. These messages are more open and likely to be read by recipients. You will also have a greater chance to get someone to visit your site.
- Here’s what the popup looks like: That popup form may look simple, but it converts at an impressive 3.42%. (backlinko.com)
- When presented with JUST the Sony or Philips DVD player information, approximately 10% of subjects said they’d be ready to buy immediately. (backlinko.com)
- A 65% increase in conversions vs. the generic offer. (backlinko.com)
- This post will show you how I used The Content Upgrade to increase conversions by 785%. (backlinko.com)
- Imagine how many A/B tests you’d have to run to increase conversions by 65% (backlinko.com)
- Marketing Software for Small to Enterprise Businesses
- Software to help small to medium-sized businesses sell their products
- Marketing tools & training
A Lead Magnet: Here are 10 Examples to Get You Started
A lead magnet is a piece of content designed to attract your target audience’s attention so they’ll take action – sign up for your list, download your free eBook, watch your video, etc. Your goal is to turn passive visitors into active leads. There are many places that offer low-cost, free lead magnets. These include whitepapers, eBooks, online courses, and eBooks. Here are some tips to help you stand out among your peers.
- Ebook Giveaway: This might seem obvious. After all who doesn’t want to get something valuable for nothing? That said, ebook giveaways aren’t just limited to digital products, either. At trade shows, I’ve seen many companies give away DVDs, CDs, and books. It makes sense that even those who haven’t purchased anything yet, attendees are more likely to make a purchase once they are convinced that the product they’re purchasing is worth their time.
- Whitepapers: A well-written, informative whitepaper can increase your credibility and trustworthiness. Whitepapers not only allow you to show your expertise but also help people understand how you can benefit them. There are high chances that you can write a white paper if your subject matter is well-understood. It is important to provide lots of detail and useful information.
- Example: Companies hire outside consultants to carry out research and analysis. You can ask someone who is knowledgeable about your industry to help you evaluate your company, highlight its strengths, or suggest ways to improve. I love the Strengths. Weaknesses. Opportunities. Threats (SWOT), analysis. It is my favorite case study template.
- Online Course: Many different online courses are available today, from basic training programs to advanced certifications. Some of these online courses are geared towards specific audiences, while others are meant for everyone. Whether you’re looking to build your knowledge in a certain area or learn new skills, chances are there’s an online course that can help you achieve your goals.
- Survey: Surveys are another great way to collect data from site visitors. These surveys are ideal for collecting customer feedback since they can be quickly collected without you spending hours in front of a computer answering any follow-up emails.
- Cheat Sheet: Don’t forget cheat sheets! While this type of content isn’t quite as “free” as the ones listed above, it still represents a very cost-effective form of marketing. Who wouldn’t like a quick reference guide at their disposal?
- Giveaways: A giveaway is a great way promote your website. Either hand out brochures and flyers or hold a contest in which participants answer questions about your product. The key to making giveaways successful is to select the right prize. Be sure to give something that is both valuable and affordable to your customers. You might end up spending more on your return than you earn.
- Content curation: When done well, content curating can be a powerful tool in building relationships with bloggers, influencers, journalists and others. However, it’s important to keep in mind that content curation is not a quick fix. It takes patience and persistence. It takes time for bloggers to form personal relationships. Don’t expect immediate results.
- Guest blogging: Guest blogging has been proven to be an effective form of internet advertising. You will be writing articles for other sites, so you need to search blogs that are relevant to your industry or niche. Once you’ve found the blog, make sure that you include links directly to your website in your article. If possible, you should first get permission from blog owner.
- Social Media Marketing is another great method to market your website. Some people even consider it to be free marketing. You only need to create a profile on Facebook or Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram and begin interacting with your followers. You should make sure that your social media accounts only lead to sales. Don’t waste your time selling things on Pinterest. Nobody ever buys anything on Pinterest.
Let’s conclude by saying that we hope this list of top email marketing strategies has helped you to improve your business performance. We’d love to hear what works for you and what doesn’t. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below.